Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Little Bit of Poncho













So maybe this isn't the right season to post this, being it's the middle of summer...but darn it, this poncho is so cute and was so much fun to make!

My friend Sarah received one of these that was from a little store in Cape Cod. Quite pricey! We decided we could make our own fleece ponchos and set about looking for the right material. 

I can't tell you how much ugly fleece there is in the world. Massive amounts of it! But we found two pretty patterns amidst the scariness and proceeded to make away. 

The instructions for making your own poncho are here--it's very easy. I don't have precise instructions; but good enough to follow. So have at it--make some ponchos of your own! Note: the ball trim is tricky to get in the little nook of the hood. It kept slipping out for me, but I finally stitched it securely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment