Sunday, April 26, 2009

More on Handmade Greeting Cards

Oh, what fun it is to create your own cards! This clever greeting card book I found at Barnes & Noble (it's available online at Amazon as well) was a great source of ideas and inspiration. I especially like the collaged cards section--collage has been a mini-obsession since I discovered John Derian's decoupage work. 

There are so many great collage artists, and such creativity in their work! Linda Solovic is one who works with paper and textiles to create incredibly intricate pieces. Meghan Stratman is another amazing collage artist (she had a booth at the Nature's Market that I had an Emmy + Ivy booth at.)

I was inspired to make a few collage cards of my own. These aren't terribly detailed, but I think the baby dinosaurs are darling. I made a pattern and traced it onto scrapbook paper to make the mini-saurs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment